Monday, February 16, 2009

Leafy box

My friend Liz is moving away. *sniff, sob* So I made her a box.


The leafy box is almost exactly the same design as the purple swirly box, but made with different paper. It's very thin and delicate -- almost translucent -- with small leaves embedded throughout. I picked this paper up (as a huge sheet) and sliced it down to a manageable size.

The box is made from 8 units, each made from a 6" square of paper. I didn't have a chance to measure it before I gave it away, but ideally the lid should be 3-3/16" square. (In reality it's probably closer to 3-3/8".) The design is by Tomoko Fuse, and may be found in her book Origami Boxes.


1 comment:

Liz said...

I love this beautiful box! and am putting it to good use as I settle in back in the midwest. thank you for such a lovely parting gift. :)